Saturday, May 28, 2011

Through A Child's Eyes

I think we are all experiencing a taste of Summer about now.  Today while being absorbed in outdoor activities with my family, the voice in my head said, "I Love This..."  As an afterthought I found myself asking whether parents love summer as much as their children, or do they love it even more.
 As parents, we know that getting the kids outdoors is a good thing.  They use their energy while having a blast, leading to a good night sleep.  However, it's not just good to breath in the fresh air with your children, it's the reason to feel alive.  Flying a kite, water play, playing ball, or simply running around the yard is not just fun for children, but parents as well.  Experiencing activities with your child, makes life that much richer because you are reliving it through your child's eyes.  The first time you see your child sit in the grass, take in the breeze, hit a home run, ride a bike, and so on... 
You are reliving those moments that make life worthwhile, those moments that give you an appreciation for life again and again...
So, my answer is that parents love summer more than their children, because they are experiencing life and nature through a child's eyes and it makes life that much richer.
When our children smile our heart beams... You can't feel more alive than that!



 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me, your family is so dang cute! Thanks for all that you do Mel,you are such a good friend allready:-)

    ReplyDelete