Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mom of 4 goes COUTURE!!!!!!!

It all started in the Spring of 2010!  I was pregnant with my 4th child... Considering that all of my previous pregnancies were different, and they were all boys, I refused to make a judgement on the sex of the baby I was carrying.  I was open minded and kept focused on the blessing of a healthy baby overall.  

Deep down I knew my world would change if the sex of the baby was a girl.  The main reason I believed my world would change is because of the transition from blues to pinks, cars to dolls, simplicity to drama, and so on.  Believing this to be true and actually going through the motions of it are two totally different things.  I allowed the feelings to come over me on the day we heard the words- IT'S A GIRL! My family and I were overjoyed to say the least.  Even my sons wanted a princess in their lives to spoil- A SISTER!  

I found out I was expecting a daughter after 3 sons. This is when I began crafting as a mom of a little princess. I started falling in love again with lace, ruffles, bows, and all of those girly girl things.  Before I became a mom, I was all about taking the time to groom myself to the nines and shopping with a vegence for the perfect outfit for each outing.  That all changed with the birth of 1 child, then 2, then 3, and surprisingly with number 4 it all came back to me.  My fashion sense was back in full effect, but this time it was all about dressing and accessorizing my girl, my daughter.   First, I coordinated her room decor and my husband and our boys painted, prepared the room, finally we decorated....


I began custom creating high fashion designed hair accessories to coordinate with my daughter’s wardrobe.  It first started with the trend of the time, flower headbands and then progressed. Designing hair accessories for my daughter became a passion of mine.  Now, I create hair accessories for all the "Lil' Miss Couture's" in the neighborhood.  In my mind I am designing for the princess next door.  This has been the look and feel for our couture collections.  Lil Miss Couture hair accessories can dress up casual attire or compliment formal attire...


2 comments:

  1. i love her bedroom MEL!! Can you say PRINCESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim--It was fun decorating for a girl! I had many ideas and we went with it... All of my boys were helpful and I'm glad everything came together. Mostly everything was ordered online or shower gifts-
    The bedroom turned out perfectly suited for the princess of our family. Thanks Again! =)

    ReplyDelete